Joey Ramone’s personal leather jacket from legendary CBGB days was just sold on eBay. Authenticity papers included. Just one more reason to check eBay a little more often. You may bump into your idols closet.
When it comes to outerwear, Stella McCartney reigns supreme. With expert tailoring and unique shapes, a Stella coat should be at the top of anyone’s holiday wish list. If you’re feeling flush, check out this brand new piece from her Fall 2013 collection. Click here to see.
(Photo courtesy of eBay seller tonsils89. Text by Jenny Bahn)
Yes, we can still call it Yves Saint Laurent since this coat was produced before Hedi Slimane took over the house and rebranded. Brought to our attention by eBay curator mimas-occ in their “Babe in the Wood" collection, this winter-worthy fur is in excellent condition (and currently listed for an excellent price). Click here to see it.
(Photo courtesy of eBay seller brand_jfa. Text by Jenny Bahn)
For the girl who needs some Chanel in her life (but doesn’t need it yet), here’s a stunning boucle jacket with leather trim, courtesy of Isabel Marant. Pair with some jeans and heels and you’ve got the perfect compromise between an uptown lady and a downtown girl. Click here to check it out.
(Photo courtesy of eBay seller simonesato. Text by Jenny Bahn)
This Winter’s “It” Coat
From editor Giovanna Battaglia to model Xiao Wen Ju, everyone this winter was sporting oversized fur coats (both faux and the real deal). With a month left of chilly weather, now’s the time to check out the selection of similar coats on eBay, like this long-haired faux coat or this slim faux fur vest.
(Photo: Courtesy of nymag. Text by Jenny Bahn)
6 Days to Christmas: Crystal Moselle
We asked filmmaker Crystal Moselle, director of fashion films for a range of brands such as Kate Spade and Ralph Lauren, what item she needs delivered in one hour the most. “I would love to receive a warm puffy jacket because I forgot mine and it’s cold!” she says without skipping a beat.
After perusing the eBay Now app, which delivers to your doorstep in one hour (New York and San Francisco only), we spotted a Recon Quilt Jacket from the Quiksilver store and a North Face Women’s B Triclimate Jacket from Eastern Mountain Sports. If ordered on the eBay Now app, Crystal can stop being cold in exactly one hour! Remember, eBay takes $20 off all first orders!
(Photo: Courtesy of Crystal Moselle. Text by Jauretsi)
Add to Your eBay Feed: Isabel Marant Military Coat
Hark! Behold the military jacket made by Isabel Marant called “David.” The treasure was blogged by blanchelapin, and we think it’s the stuff dreams are made of. Here’s Caroline de Maigret wearing the masculine coat with grace. If you’re craving this item, just add the search term in your new eBay Feed. Until this particular jacket appears, here’s plenty of other brilliant Isabel Marant coats found on eBay.
(Photo: Courtesy of Le Fashion Image Blog)
6 Things Every Girl Must Have in her Closet
By Sade Lythcott
In the never-ending quest to fine-tune our wardrobe needs, The Inside Source will ask a few savvy women about their “Top 6 Essentials” in the closet. Here’s my personal 6 just to get the game started.
(1) Knee High Boots: “I love anything that adds an unexpected twist to an outfit like the perfect worn-in knee high boots that can dress an elegant dress down or add texture and story telling to a casual look.”
(2) Heels: “A pair of killer heels that literally make you feel like a super hero (think ridiculously high heel, pop color or interesting fabrication).”
(3) Printed Hermes Cashmere Shawl: “It instantly adds color, texture, elegance and… [MORE] can double for a beach cover-up, turban, pillow cover, scarf, sarong, airplane blanket, lamp cover…you get where I’m going with this one.”
(4) Luxury Dump Bag: “Invest in statement dump bag (Prada makes my favorites), which is a big purse that you literally can carry everything from your computer to your gym clothes. It may be disorganized on the inside but you are looking absolutely chic on the outside — none the wiser.”
(5) The Power Jacket: “In a city like NYC you are always on the move and constantly running into people you know or more importantly people you want to know, so for this I think a bold statement Coat or Jacket is essential, one that makes you look dressed and put together even if you are not underneath. This is a quick and easy way to make a fashion statement without even trying.”
(6) Cashmere Sweater: “A yummy cashmere cardigan sweater, or any cashmere open front sweater, because I believe fashion is no fun if you are not comfortable in what you are wearing. A cashmere cardigan in all your favorite neutral colors will prove to be a fashion life saver….Trust me.”
(Photo: Hermes Scarf, found on eBay)