Power suits are coming back this Fall. This bag helps you complete the look. Here’s the indisputable Hermes Kelly Black Box Hand Bag.
Even with the changing of hands at Louis Vuitton from Marc Jacobs to Nicolas Ghesquiere as head designer, the brand will likely never drop its iconic “LV” logo. No matter what shape it takes, those two letters spell luxury. Whether you’re buying new or secondhand, eBay has a whole host of the LV classics. Click here to check them out.
(Photo courtesy of Madame Figaro via Models.com. Text by Jenny Bahn)
Alright ladies, here’s your shot at a 3.1 Phillip Lim leather tote in pristine condition, complete with the designer’s signature wide zipper and silver hardware. Grab it before it’s gone! Click here to purchase it on eBay now.
(Photo courtesy of eBay seller simonesato. Text by Jenny Bahn)
eBay Find: Dooney & Bourke
Behold this visual feast of a summer bag called the “Hydrangea Satchel” in white/marine colors. The brand, founded in Connecticut, is called Dooney & Bourke, and there’s a few left on eBay for $125. Wiggle in that last Summer bag before season ends!
(Photo: Courtesy of eBay Seller IloveDooey. Text by Jauretsi)
Belgium-born designer Niels Peeraer is the master of translating feminine delicacy and a soft palate into strong, firm structures. His handbags and accessories are stiff and sculptural, made out of vegetable-tanned bridle leather and shaped into uncommon forms. Each piece possesses both beauty and wit — a vital combination in fashion. As you can see in his SS13 lookbook modeled by a lithe gentleman in white underwear, Peeraer is playful in the best of ways.
(Photo courtesy of The F Word. Text by Jenny Bahn)
What Do You Wear with Rachel Roy’s You Can’t Fake Fashion Bag?
In our abundant series of designer collaboration bags released this week called You Can’t Fake Fashion, we thought we’d point out the Rachel Roy bag and a few of her accessories which work together brilliantly. The YCFF collection (consisting of 90 designer bags overall) was created to celebrate original design as well as to be auctioned off on eBay with proceeds going to combat counterfeit goods. To secure the Rachel Roy bag (seen above), visit her item on eBay to place your bid (only five days left for this auction). To get all the other adorable items surrounding her custom-designed bag, you’ll have to go directly to the Rachel Roy website. Currently, Rachel is hosting a “friends & family” sale with everything 30% off. If you want to view more bags from the auction, visit the You Can’t Fake Fashion gallery.
Want to win a $500 eBay gift card & a signed You Can’t Fake Fashion bag?
Got an eye for design and a heart for fashion? As part of the 2013 2013 You Can’t Fake Fashion campaign, The Inside Source is hosting a design contest to find the best digitally-created tote to illustrate that you really can’t fake fashion. All you have to do is download the tote image and logo, get artsy in your favorite design program and submit your creation by 12PM EST on April 5. So what’s in it for you? Not only will your design be featured on eBay’s The Inside Source – you’ll also receive a $500 eBay gift card and your very own You Can’t Fake Fashion tote signed by some of the campaign’s participating CFDA designers. So go ahead and show us that YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION!
Rules and stuff:
- You must follow The Inside Source on Tumblr.
- All submissions must be produced using the “YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION” tote image.
- All submissions must include the “YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION” logo on the tote.
- All submissions should be an image or GIF creation.
- Submit as many images or GIFS as you want, but not send duplicate submissions (don’t submit same image / GIF twice).
- By submitting your image or GIF, you agree to the default Tumblr Terms of Submission and additionally agree to provide Tumblr and eBay a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), perform (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform it to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), and create derivative works of your submitted image or GIF for the purposes of on any of eBay’s owned or social properties.
- Your submission must be your own creation, and by submitting to The Inside Source, you are confirming that you have all of the necessary rights and permissions necessary to submit your image or GIF and grant the above licenses.
- All submissions must be suitable for General Audience and Public Display.
- Originality and creativity – 70%
- Creativity of written response – 20%
- Adherence to guidelines – 10%
Your New Best Friend
Proenza Schouler held it down with their “It Bag” of the last two years, the PS1. As indicated by the countless knockoffs that ensued, including a rather cheeky attempt by Target, the PS1 was a wild success. Competitors will certainly start trying to replicate their newer style, the PS11, seen here. There’s a flood of PS1’s on eBay right now. The newer PS11 is harder to come by.
(Photo courtesy of Proenza Schouler. Text by Jenny Bahn)
In a Clutch
If you haven’t already, it’s time to say farewell to your hobo bag. Structured purses perfectly compliment a sleek and sophisticated wardrobe and we love this bright orange methacrylate box bag from Zara. So what if you can only fit two credit cards and a Chapstick?
(Photo courtesy of Zara. Text by Jenny Bahn)
Get This Alexander Wang Bag Signed by the Man Himself
The Re/Create New York auction for Sandy relief, launched last week by CREATE THE GROUP, has been a dream so far, with everyone from Kate Moss to Kanye West donating items for charity. In partnership with eBay and Rackspace, a few pieces have already been sold on the auction site, RecreateNewYork.org. The next round of ten items is available January 17th, including this one-of-a-kind bag custom-designed and signed by Alexander Wang. To bid on this piece, visit RecreateNewYork/Alexander-Wang. After January 17th, there will be one more consecutive auction beginning January 24th.
(Photo: Courtesy RecreateNewYork.org. Text by Jauretsi)