Fall is Calling: Ralph Lauren Polo Wool Southwestern Indian Blanket Sweater, available here.
London Fashion Week
Blogger Irina Lakicevic is a dentist by profession, but secretly (and now publicly), LOVES clothes. Her blog, A Portable Package covers all things stylish, sculpted, and minimalist, “all with a touch of french non-chalance” she writes.
"Do I EVER shop on Ebay?" she responded with glee to our question. "Addicted! Proenza Schouler, Balenciaga, and Celine. I actually got these Celine shoes on Ebay" (picture above).
Jacket: Preen | Denim Shirt: Ralph Lauren | Top: Miu Miu | Jeans: Acne | Shoes: Celine
(Photo by Melodie Jeng for TIS. Text: Jauretsi)
Street Style: New York Fashion Week
Meet Soo-Young Kim, Editor at Complex Magazine, who is strolling out of Milk studios after the Public School presentation. Soo-Young told The Inside Source that her favorite searches on eBay were mostly clothes, namely from the brand Celine clothing or bags.
Credits- Top/Jumper: old Betsy Johnson, Pants: Vintage, Shoes: Ralph Lauren
(Photo by Melodie Jeng for TIS. Text by Jauretsi)
Want to win a $500 eBay gift card & a signed You Can’t Fake Fashion bag?
Got an eye for design and a heart for fashion? As part of the 2013 2013 You Can’t Fake Fashion campaign, The Inside Source is hosting a design contest to find the best digitally-created tote to illustrate that you really can’t fake fashion. All you have to do is download the tote image and logo, get artsy in your favorite design program and submit your creation by 12PM EST on April 5. So what’s in it for you? Not only will your design be featured on eBay’s The Inside Source – you’ll also receive a $500 eBay gift card and your very own You Can’t Fake Fashion tote signed by some of the campaign’s participating CFDA designers. So go ahead and show us that YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION!
Rules and stuff:
- You must follow The Inside Source on Tumblr.
- All submissions must be produced using the “YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION” tote image.
- All submissions must include the “YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION” logo on the tote.
- All submissions should be an image or GIF creation.
- Submit as many images or GIFS as you want, but not send duplicate submissions (don’t submit same image / GIF twice).
- By submitting your image or GIF, you agree to the default Tumblr Terms of Submission and additionally agree to provide Tumblr and eBay a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), perform (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform it to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), and create derivative works of your submitted image or GIF for the purposes of on any of eBay’s owned or social properties.
- Your submission must be your own creation, and by submitting to The Inside Source, you are confirming that you have all of the necessary rights and permissions necessary to submit your image or GIF and grant the above licenses.
- All submissions must be suitable for General Audience and Public Display.
- Originality and creativity – 70%
- Creativity of written response – 20%
- Adherence to guidelines – 10%
FW Style: Veronica Popoiacu
Fashion Blogger and Artist Veronica Popoiacu knows how to wear colors that pop. Her jacket is H&M, her jeansRalph Lauren, and shoes are by Shoemint.com. The one item we can’t stop staring at is that awesome hot red bag by Phillip Lim. When The Inside Source asked her how she sifted through eBay, the thrifting fan quickly admitted ”I usually search for vintage jewelry”.
(Photo: Melodie Jeng of TheNYCStreets.com. Text by Jauretsi)
Spots of Sunshine
With the charcoal walls and black light fixtures, this room relies on its crisp white duvet and yellow accessories to brighten up the space (and a few well-placed pumps, of course). The blanket, in particular, brings everything into focus, jelling the room into one cohesive space. Inspired, we did a quick search on eBay and found this gorgeous, canary yellow cashmere blanket by Ralph Lauren Home ($275). And if you’re looking for pillows with strong graphics, we found these in yellow and white.
Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down
This year we’ve really seen the reintroduction of the female tie. One of the most iconic women to transform this masculine fashion piece into one with feminine, intellectual appeal was Diane Keaton in 1977’s Annie Hall. Recently, both Chloë Sevigny and Emmy Rossum took the headstrong look to new places for Miu Miu and Ralph Lauren, respectively. Lucky for us, the design duo Ruffian created two special ties for the eBay Holiday Collection to be released next month (pictured to the left of Rossum). Keep your eye on November 12th, when these two limited edition ties will be available online at eBay.
(Photos: Courtesy of Frazer Harrison for People Style Watch and Miu Miu. Tie Me Up Tie Me Down by jauretsi featuring a Sheer blouse / Miu Miu / Dsquared , $130 / Four Stripe Skinny Tie, $11 / MARC JACOBS Techno Tonic Tie)
Ole Ralph Lauren
By Sade Lythcott
Ralph Lauren tweeted a photo from his recent show saying, ”I am forever inspired by far away exotic places.” In this case, we suspect Spain is on the list. Check out RALPH LAUREN’s SPRING 2013 RTW to soak in the whole Spanish matador inspired collection. We’re loving all of the black and gold. Ole!