Best SNL Clips of 2012
As 2012 wraps up, we thought we’d check into the cultural zeitgeist via SNL and determine the most liked skits of the year. Here’s the countdown! Happy New Year’s readers!
(1) ”Disney Housewives” (seen above). All the awesome drama of “Real Housewives” with the ultimate princesses… Lindsay Lohan was pretty perfect in this.
(2) “Undecided Voter” - Remember all those Americans who were completely clueless leading up to the election? SNL took a stab at all those undecided voters in this funny piece. See here.
(3) “Puppet Class” - Bill Hader goes hilariously dark in this sketch as a war vet. We heard Howard Stern was a big fan of this sketch. See here.
(4) “Lazy Sunday” - Another classic jam by the duo Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell. Enjoy the man-date! See here.
(5) “Girl You Wish We Hadn’t Started a Conversation with at a Party” - This is one of those skits that makes you say, “who is that new girl on SNL?!” Well, her name is Cecily Strong. See here.
(Text by Jauretsi. Top 5 SNL Clips According to Hulu Stats)
Bidding Adieu to 2012
It’s been a massive year. We reelected a president, endured — for better and, unfortunately, worse — the wrath of Hurricane Sandy, watched the EU needle their way through total financial collapse. The list goes on. But tonight, friends, we dance! There’s no better way to celebrate the culmination of the last 365-day cycle than to put on your favorite party dress and hit the dance floor. So raise your glass, say a toast, and cut that proverbial rug… just make sure you’ve got comfortable shoes on.
(Photo: Courtesy of Vogue.com. Text by Jenny Bahn)
NYE Wish List
By Jenny Bahn
Have you started thinking about New Year’s Eve yet? I know everyone is still doing the last of their holiday shopping, but it’s time to get a game plan in order: What will you wear on The Big Night? Whether newly purchased or slightly recycled, a LBD will do the trick. If you don’t have the time or the cash to buy something new, spruce up your outfit with some killer chunky jewelry (head on over to eBay for their treasure trove of gorgeously gauche selections) or expertly executed makeup. We love love love the gold eye-shadow here paired with a beautiful red lip. It’s the perfect color combo for the holidays and, most certainly, any NYE festivities. To find a shade suitable for you, head over to The Huffington Post to see their favorite reds of 2012. For gold eye-shadow recommendations, Emily’s Anthology has a list of makeup artists’ top picks.
To get your chunky jewelry or sparkly New Years dress asap, remember to download your eBay Now app, and choose from tons of retailers (such as Macy’s) to get the item delivered to your doorstep in one hour. You read that right! Download the eBay Now app here, and start putting the big outfit together today.
(Photo: Model Charlotte Tomaszewska for Grazia December 2012, photography by Kevin Sinclair. Image via leahcultice)