Tough Girls at Mara Hoffman’s Show
Mara Hoffman blew our socks off with her new collection. The pieces were presented in the glorious Raleigh Hotel during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2013 in Miami Beach. Her usual tribal patterns and other worldly trademarks were delivered this time with a rebel punch. Mara shares a bit of her inspiration with us.
Jauretsi: Hope you enjoyed Swim Week in Miami recently. You have presented previous years, how did this year feel different than the others?
Mara Hoffman: I feel for us, personally, it was fun because we have our game on down there and we’ve built up a confidence with showing there.
Q: For this new collection, what would you say is the main narrative of inspiration you hand in mind when creating it?
Desert Outlaw Gypsies.
Q: In terms of beach essentials, what are the top 5 things in your beach bag when you hit the beach?
Sunscreen, water, a huge sarong/scarf, something good to read, snacks
Q: If there was music assigned to play as a soundtrack to your new collection, what would it be?
We were feeling MIA’s “Bad Girls” for this one.
(Mara Swimsuits are available here. Photo: Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2013)
- iwishidressedlikethis reblogged this from sweetteaandhoneybees
- epitomeofblasphemy likes this
- sweetteaandhoneybees reblogged this from theinsidesource and added:
- tefisua likes this
- bluemoon1936 likes this
- antonynordhell likes this
- feedmekanyeandbows likes this
- saltresortwear reblogged this from theinsidesource
- luxuryaccommodations likes this
- theinsidesource posted this